High school undoubtedly is one of the best phases in our life – the first rush of independence, the chance to sashay in and out of class, making friends of your choice and knowing that you will soon step into adulthood makes it an unforgettable time.So, if you are a major fan of adolescent dramas that have a healthy dose of exaggerations teenage problems, cliff-hangers, and deep secrets that make you want to live vicariously, then we have the perfect list of shows for you
- Puncch Beat 2 – An out and out high school drama where two stepbrothers, Rahat (Priyank Sharma) and Ranbir (Siddharth Sharma) are pitted against each other, this series sees young love, rivalry and friendship unfurl at the prestigious Rosewood High. While Season 1 was a massive hit, Season 2 of this show comes with a dark undertone. The news of a murder looms over Rosewood High as friends turn to foes in a bid to find the murderer. An intense narrative and the ultimate pressure test for friendship is what makes this an interesting watch. You can now stream it free on MX Player. https://bit.ly/PuncchBeat2onMX
- College Romance – A story of three best friends, Trippy (Manjot Singh), Naira (Apoorva Arora) and Karan (Keshav Sadhna)— who reunite in college after a very long vacation. Karan is dating the hottest girl in college, Trippy is trying to get the attention of a junior while Naira helps them avert blunders they might make while hitting on girls. Helmed by Simarpreet Singh, this 5-episode show explores different facets of young romance and how these three friends manage to stay strong despite all adversities. The series is replete with a mix of love, camaraderie and funny equations.
- Engineering Girls – This series makes you privy to the engineering girls hostel experience. The 5-episode web-series tells the story of three feisty girls, Teja, Maggu, and Sabu as they aspire to start their own company, find love and fight against all odds to make their mark. Dealing with dorm drama, seniors and submissions, this series is an accurate insight into the ‘engineering life’ through the eyes of a girl. The star cast includes Barkha Singh, Sejal Kumar and Kritika Awasthi.
- Laakhon Mein Ek– This would bring back some dark memories if you pursued science beyond Class 10 and delved straight into the grind that is IIT preparation. Aakash, essayed by Ritvik Sahore lacks the aptitude to pass the test but is coerced into doing so by his parents. Created by Biswa Kalyan Rath, the show’s narrative plays on the frustration of realizing you’re not good enough. It will strike a deep chord with the millions who attended IIT “coaching” and had to constantly battle between making their parents proud and keeping themselves sane.
- Flames – The first time you held your crush’s hand, the butterflies you felt when you confessed, the first awkward kiss, this show will make you reminisce all this and more! The class topper Rajat, (Ritvik Sahore) falls for the new girl, Ishita (Tanya Maniktala) at the tuition center and we see his infatuation unfold as a chemical reaction. If you’re looking to relive the rosy teenage days, add this to your watch list now!